Polska wersja Русская версия Українська версія

International Relations Office


Please make sure you are insured before coming to Poland. UE citizens are required to have valid European Health Insurance Card. Those of you who come from outside of the EU are required to buy proper insurance. The school does not provide students with health insurance.



Citizens of the European Union, as well as Switzerland or other countries belonging to the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) may enter Poland without a visa and remain on Polish territory without legalising their stay for 3 months. If a period of stay in Poland is longer than a 3 months, EU citizens are obliged to register their stay. In order to obtain the residence permit, documents have to be submitted by the student in person by the first day of the 4th month from their entering the Republic of Poland.

Citizens of non-EU/EFTA countries should obtain a visa from a Polish diplomatic post in their country before coming to Poland. If they wish to prolong their stay in the Republic of Poland, an application for a residence permit for a fixed period should be submitted to a voivode competent for the place of the student’s planned stay at least 45 days before the end of the residence period based on the visa, or before the end of the period for which the previous residence permit for a fixed period has been granted.



Detailed information about coming to the Republic of Poland can be found at webpage of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:  https://www.gov.pl/web/diplomacy

Media społecznościowe Politechniki Opolskiej